24 HOUR TRIP

I am off first thing tomorrow morning on a marathon fishing session . I will be targeting a late cod and bass at the first venue. Then after some kip I will move on to another venue to see if I can find any spring plaice .The winds are switching to northerly over Sunday night so the sea should be flat by the morning ,although still dirty.Well that is the plan !! hopefully something decent to report on Monday!

REPORT TO FOLLOW HERE........

Well  it was a lovely weekend on the beach sadly the weather was better then the quality of fish coming out .Sunday there was still a big swell and light brown colour to the water which resulted in only one knock on the rod all day so before dark I decided to move on to my next mark ready for some plaice fishing in the morning .As I was camping on the beach  and high tide was at midnight I wasn't going to take any chance of an early kip with sea state  being as it was I wanted to see the tide through for peace of mind! The night fishing was as you would expect plenty of dogfish and rockling but it kept me occupied.


I got in to my sleeping bag under the stars at about 1am with a bit of a chill in the air !!! but managed 6 hours sleep I woke up to find a big improvement in the water colour it was now a milky colour and the fishing was better from the first cast with little whiting attacking both rods and pout as well

But the high light of the day was around midday when I landed some nice dabs on a loop rig using aberdeen match 4#  hooks


As you can see in the picture above and below the pebbles on the shoreline past the teeth are a lot bigger then normal, due to the storms they are more like the ones you would find at the Portand end of the beach not fun with plain leads out as any slack line and your in trouble !


On a good note the sea was stacking them up in piles over just a few hours clearing the sea bed but you have to wonder how much of the sea bed is covered due to the freak weather

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

Catch Up Report !!

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017