A Week Of Fishing, Trip 1 Abbotsbury teeth,Trip 2 Abbotsbury Cottages

So this was my first trip of many this week and I decided to make the long walk to my plaice mark .Not the best of choices with the water a milky colour on arrival but was hoping that would soon clear as it happened it stayed milky up until the evening .So after 6 hours without a bite my rod I had out for cod went over only for me to miss it ! so re baited and put it in the same place and it was only a matter on minutes before it went over again and this time it was on and a lovely 5lb codling made up for a poor day

Another codling was to follow on high tide and then the dog fish took over and the bait was getting snatched within minutes of every cast so gave up and went to sleep .As for Saturday very poor fishing again with only a red mullet to be seen so lets hope tomorrow is better !!



Trip 2 The cottages Abbotsbury

So I Thought I would fish the other end of Abbotsbury for a change opposite the cottages sadly I think I would of been better off towards the dragoons teeth as bites were more or less none existent whiting started to show just before dark this was followed by a few pout and a codling on high. For the rest of the night there wasn't a single bite until first light when a dog fish made a show.

The most annoying thing on this trip was not the lack of fish but the bugs flying around at night there was millions of them all descending on my head light and in to my ears and down my shirt throughout the night!
surely tomorrow can only be better........


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

Catch Up Report !!

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017