Abbotsbury 30th/31st August

Well I spent all week watching the weather and strong winds were forecast for thursday /friday which were going to make for a rough sea, but the forecast for Saturday was  for the winds to switch northwesterly in the afternoon as the tide was going out so I thought it would be fishable after this .And  infact it was much easier going then I thought and almost perfect for fishing .So I arrived at 15:30 and while I was setting up the two guys next to me pulled in four codling so I couldnt get my rods out fast enough.  I was using a pulley pennel  on one rod and single clip down on the other and didn't go over 2/0 hooks as I have only been hearing of small codling coming out .Well I could not of asked for a better start with my first two cast both producing a codling ,the bait was fresh dungy tipped with squid .




I quickly changed over the rigs and bang the rod goes down again but missed this time .So rebaited it and after 15 minutes my rod lunged forward and I am greeted with my 3rd and a lovely looking cod

                       Coming in at 5lbs 9oz my best of the year so far
During this epic start to the session I  also had a smooth hound on the other rod so I now had no rod in the water and was completely out of puff !! and this continued through out the first 2 hours of the session which also included a couple more codling,pout and a whiting .The sun was now going down when I had another codling and then my worst fear come true the dog fish appeard so after four of these and more pout I decided to get some kip and fish an hour after low water in the morning which was about 04:30 and this was a great choice as I was straight back in to the codling picking up another 3 in an hour and a half .I did wonder if I had missed them during the night but after speaking to the chap next to me who notched up twenty dog fish over night I was glad I had some kip! I got greedy and decided to stay for the rest of the day but it wasn't until low water when I had a bass ,bream and a  tenth and final codling .




If the weather stays settlled I will be after the plaice next weekend

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

Catch Up Report !!

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017