Abbotsbury plaice hunt September 20th/21st

I had a really good session at my plaice mark this weekend but it wasn't only plaice I also had 12 bream and 3 red mullet .

All fish were taken on  ragworm /Squid and were not interested in the frozen blacks so I must get fresh next time . As for the plaice, seeing as I was catching them in close range a couple of weeks ago I decided  to stick to that so I was casting no more then 60yards . I also left my worms out in the sun as the plaice seem to like them more when they go a bit manky and  I didn't have to wait long before one come along.
 I was walking 30 yards down the beach for casting out and using a flat plain lead which would move around and hopefully find the fish and it seems to work well although the bream were finding the bait before the plaice most of the time but more were to follow
And they say save the best till  last well that is what I did on this trip with a personal best plaice coming in at 3lbs 6oz resulting in a very happy angler



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

Catch Up Report !!

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017