A week of fishing Trip 3 Abbotsbury and Portland

Fished with club member Colin this weekend and we set up just before the teeth .I missed a few knocks early on where as Colin was reeling in gurnards,bream and his biggest plaice to date just under 2lbs ,the guy next to him was also catching plaice close in so there was a few about .So note to self don't target the cod when it was perfect for plaice ! When i did down size the hooks I did manage a few fish with this double shot of gurnard and bream coming right on low water
I also had a nice big tub gurnard but put him straight back with out a picture.It went very quiet during darkness other then one dog fish and a big pull down of which i missed .Then the wind really got up about 11:00 pm and it started to rain but I wasn't really kitted out for this weather so having plenty of bait still I decided to get out of the rain and have few hours kip before fishing another venue

That venue ended up being Ferrbridge at the Portland end of Chesil .The conditions were now fantastic so that was nice in its self. As for the fishing it was a bream crazy day they were hitting the bait every cast ,a lot of them were very Small though .I was catching most of them on a new rig i come up with which was basically a 12ft hook lenght with  pop ups in a bait capsual with a very a small hook which was quite fun and I also had a blenny on this rig which was munched on probably by crabs



 My cousin is down from kent for the next 3 days and my misson is to find him his first cod hoprfully!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

Catch Up Report !!

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017