A week of Fishing ,Trip 4 Mission Cod ! ...Part one

This Trip was all about getting my cousin David who I hadn't fished with for 12 years or so his first ever cod. He had come all the way down from kent for three days solid fishing so I was praying the weather wouldn't ruin things as the forecast for Saturday morning was for strong winds and rain .So from my previous few sessions I decided we would fish the Portland end first as it seemed to be fishing better .David had his heart set on camping on the beach but I had to get this idea out of his head as we were going to be walking 45minutes towards the bridging camp and with the possibility of thunderstorms from 4am I wasn't prepared to be out in the middle of nowhere with this and he also had enough fishing gear to sink a boat!! so we were not going to be doing the walk twice once is plenty! we finally made it to the mark around 5pm with a nice calm sea and sunny weather so I put my rods out before helping david to set up his shockline on his reels and the rigs I made him as he hadn't done it for so long.It didnt take long for the first species to take the bait a nice red gurnard which was returned they do taste nice though.
David meanwhile was catching his first ever bream  I was also catching them over the  next couple of hours although mostly getting side hooked .And then just after the tide had turned I got what David was after!
                                                   A lovely 2lbs 4oz codling

The wind was really starting to get up at this point but undeterrd we battled on .David then had his second new species a scad/horse mackerel  I however was reeling in another of Davids target
Not to much was happening after this and and with the sea getting choppy and the weather closing in we decided to make the long walk back to the car at 3am and it was only on the walk back that we realised how far we had walked !Now we only had 2 days left to find a cod for david but I fancied are chances with the sea stired up and the winds easing Saturday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

Catch Up Report !!

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017