Ferrybridge And the Dragons Teeth 11th/12th oct

I fished are monthly match at ferrybridge on Saturday from 4pm-12pm .The wind was forecast to drop to about 10mph but it was closer to 20mph .So we were greeted with a choppy sea and rafts of weed which made fishing difficult to start with so I sat back and waited for it to ease off and it did just before dark however I stuck too one rod to keep it simple with others fishing very close.The fish were there from the off with codling ,jumbo pout ,Pollock and poor cod  to weigh in and I still come last but not to worry it's just a bit of fun  pffffffffffffff!. I still had all my bait left at the end of the match as someone gave me 1lb of rag half a lb of blow lug a bag a peelers and a bag of squid on arrival as they gave up fighting the weed.

So to make the most of the weekend! I had a kip in the car then fished past the dragons to teeth .The conditions were now totally different with a very cold N/E -E wind and a flat sea with no weed in sight. And the fishing started great with 2 codling in 5minutes but that was as good as it got the rest of the day I spent shivering in the cold apart from a triple shot of whiting which were a bit bigger then the ones I have been catching.

 I am now having to give fishing a break for a few weeks as I have overdone it on the casting and stretched my side .So i will now leave it until are next club match on the 8th of November followed by the cod open on the 9th of November both at Abbotsbury




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

Catch Up Report !!

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017