OOPS!!! Time To Focus On The Cod!

Arrived at cogden yesterday with an hour of day light left , so had a go for the plaice before sole hunting in the dark . I ended up with 8 plaice with them still feeding for the first couple hours of darkness .I then switched to sole rigs with size 4s and 6s hooks.... these small hooks were my down full on what should have been a big session as I was slack lined about 8 times in a short space of time with the lead being dropped very close to the shore but i didn't want to give up on my target. Then I noticed my line pointing straight down the beach so 100 yard walk down the beach while reeling in the slack I could see in the bright moon light a a nice plump 6lber coming in off the surf on its side happy days on my size #4 hook . Sole fishing went out the window after this and I got out the 6/0 hooks.... I then had a bass of 3lbs and another 6lbs cod and that was that happy with my catch but should have changed hooks much earlier




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

Catch Up Report !!

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017