Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017

Well folks I know most have been struggling throughout April with spider crabs, far to many dogfish and not a lot else!  But I have to say its been one of my better starts to the year searching for the humble flatfish on Chesil. I'm not sure if being prepared to walk along way every trip gave me a better shot at finding a few as the extra space enabled me to plain lead with some seriously strong tide movement , at times I needed 40 yards either side of me. I'm sure keeping to freshly dug ragworm and not tipping off with squid or fish baits kept the dogs to a minimum!!


Its nice to see a few more Dab about this year with some of good size, lets hope the number increase





Speaking of size a lot of the plaice I caught were clearly returning from spawning but in fantastic condition with a good bit of  weight on them for the time of year . So I think we will see a good stamp of fish from late August/September around the 2lb mark . I'm not saying all of them but more then normal Fingers crossed!!  



I also had a few school bass on several trips as the sun was going down


Things are looking good for the months ahead... TIGHT LINES !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

Catch Up Report !!