Abbotsbury 12/12/2014

Headed down to Abbotsbury for the calm after the storm with the hope of some bigger cod about so I decided  to make the 45mins walk to deeper water past the Dragons Teeth 'which are tank traps from the world war 2 but look like Dragons Teeth from a distance '. I was using fresh dungy and yellow tails for bait and stuck to pulley pennel rigs . Bites were plentiful from the off with a nice codling on my first cast which looked like a good sign .




For the next 3 hours over high water the rods were going just about every 5 minutes but this was mainly whiting snatching the bait but thankfully I wasn't catching to many of them probably because of the large hooks I was using 6/0 Aberdeens .At one stag both rods pulled right over at the same time so I went for my new rod first and I could feel a good fish knocking on the end but lost it on the way in so quickly went to the other rod and thankfully the fish was well hooked in the front lip and a nice bass was landed . This was on the yellow tails bait which they do seem to like .
I also had a few small pollock in this busy period and for the rest of the daylight hours just a few whiting and pout were to be had then just as the sun went down the dog fish moved in and that was time to call it a day and start the long walk back .I would also say that was the hottest December day I have felt on the beach it was lush

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catch Up Report !!

INTRODUCTION

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017