7 species Portland end 15/16 August

With all the codling reports I had to give it a go so arrived at my mark around 6pm. I  set rigs up with cod in mind so 4/0 hooks and one with size #4 for smaller fish it was more or less bites from the off first up was a loveley sized gurnard quickly followed by another 2 smaller ones pictured bellow and a starry smooth hound .

The sun was going down when I got my target codling all be it a little one but I was happy none the less.





I then had my second starry hound of the night on a pulley pennel rig with dungy/suid .


 Around midnight I had a shoal of  large pout which were hitting both rods.



I hit the deck for a few hours kip then Saturday morning seen me in to some more gurnard and two red mullet

I also had some dogfish and poor cod

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catch Up Report !!

INTRODUCTION

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017