Monthly Club Match , Abbotsbury

I decided to fish this match past the Dragoons Teeth in the hope of some big plaice . Fishing was from low until just after high .Not much happened for the first 4 hours other then a small crab. Then the tide started to run quite hard from right to left which was bringing my plain lead  round to a clay bead as it was tough to pull out so I started to cast both rods in the same place and used plain leads on each of rig .Within 3 or 4 cast I had a couple plaice so maybe I would of had better luck earlier in the day if I had set up 30 yards to my left and used grippers.






The sun was now more or less down but I still had size #2 and #4 hooks on which resulted in a little bass at distance . I then lost a good fish which felt like a codling knocking before the dog fish moved in ..I managed 4 of them but lost quite a few due to the small hooks, finished 3rd so not to bad !

THE NEXT DAY........ 

I made a late decision to go down on the Sunday for a couple hours to see if the plaice were feeding on the same part of the tide as the day before.As i had reports from friends saying they all caught plaice at the same time as me and as it happened  they were feeding at the same part of the tide again .Although i only had the one I missed several better bites, the one I did land was also attacked by something bigger maybe a conger as it took a chomp out of its tail while nearly pulling my rod off the stand






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catch Up Report !!

INTRODUCTION

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017