10 species ferrybridge 27/06/15


 I arrived at Ferrybridge at 8:30am on low water but still had a good 40minutes walk to my mark, which has been coming up with the goods over the last couple of weeks. I eventually made it to my mark and had my rods in the water by 930am. I didn't have a bite for the first hour or so but as soon as the tide started to run the bite come along and first up was a gurnard



 Not long after this I had a plaice that i was targeting , on a loop rig with rag/squid


                  
 This was soon follwed by another of similar sze and I also missed a really good knock around this time

I then had to wait a few hours for a rattle followed by slackliner , this happend for 5 casts in a row and the first 4 knocks I had nothing to show and was thinking I have either developed a knack for missing plaice or its bream...thankfully on the 5th slackliner it was proved to be the latter
 Time was now getting on and just before dark I had a good knock , it was in fact a ray that had decided to consume my plaice bait
The sun had gone down by the time I put the ray back and bait was running low so i started baiting small with the worms and I had just a few squids left for the hounds .First up was a dog fish on the squid , as he hadn't done to much damage to the squid i just reset the pennel and put it back out .Not long after this my rod with a 3cm ragworm got hit well ......not the rod I was trying to get a hound on but I won't complain a nice starry hound at 4lbs 8oz

 I could see that my other rod line was close to the ground while getting in the starry so I was straight over to that rod and found a common hound had taken the reused squid :) Taking into account the odd pout and poor cod I had throught the evening I was on 9 species and wanted 10 species but was basically out of bait other then a pout .So i used bits of pout and reused squid for a try at a bass 20 yards out ...Didn't get the bass but two small strap congers so got to the ten species result!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

Catch Up Report !!

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017