August fishing 2015

For me this August on Chesil has not been as productive as last year . Having said that I have still managed to get some nice plaice and hounds out but there is definitely not as many codling about as at the start off this month last year.


For a bit of a change this month Instead of spending £30 a week on bait  I have actually been digging most of what i need and found it quite enjoyable, sort of !! And I will most certainly continue to do this .Below was my first dig and the cod and hound that followed a couple hours later at Abbotsbury.





I had a long hard session this Saturday [22/08] with only a mackerel hitting the bait in day light but just as I was putting my tent away and the sun was going down I had a codling so stayed on for a couple more hours to see if another would show but just pout,poor cod and an eel were to be had .I also timed my walk back  from the camp perfectly to coincide with torrential rain !!!

I ventured off Chesil for a weekend this month as are monthly match was at Branscombe in Devon . Although I didn't finish in the top 3 I was happy with my result as I haven't set out to target wrasse before and managed to get 5 of them .I will have to return at some point to try and get a bigger one out of the really rough stuff!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

Catch Up Report !!

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017