Battle Of The Marks Session 1 15TH SEP

The first session coincided with a weeks holiday which I dedicate to fishing chesil at the start of September this being my favourite time of year to fish chesil normally !!!!

Conditions were very calm with Crystal clear water,  In fact this had been the conditions for more or less the entire week . We decided to fish from 6pm - midnight  Pete fishing his favourite mark in the west and I fished my favourite mark in the east.

We were hopeful for plaice ,Bream Gurnard in the first few hours and maybe a cod,ray or bass in the evening with the normal dogs and pout mixed in ! But what we in fact encountered was probably the hardest/worst  fishing of the year . All I could manage to get out was 3 Pout and a small strap conger during the session and I actually put in 80 hours fishing that week for 6 pout 1 eel  and a couple mackerel off the bottom 'plenty on feathers though ' which is by far my worst weeks fishing in September .Pete didn't fare to much better with very few bites but he did manage to get  2 small strap congers and 1 codling to see his mark out fish my mark on a week when the sea had stayed settled for far to long and was in need of a good stir up!!

RESULTS SESSION ONE

                MINI SPECIES   SPECIES   SPECIMENS   WEIGHT   TOTAL
PETE......          0                 2               0              5LBS        11
NICK....           1                 1                0               0           4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

Catch Up Report !!

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017