Plaice Hunting Cogdon

Everything looked good for another plaice hunt at Cogdon this weekend and it didn't let me down although I did manage to set up right on a snag and promptly lost two fish in two casts one of which felt like a good plaice!But I persevered knowing that I was on the clay beds and was soon rewarded with a couple plaice around 34cm and nice and fat like most this time of year.


Thankfully at some point in the morning I managed to pull in the snag which consisted of a lot of weights, line ,weed, dog fish and my rig with a plaice on that I had lost in the snag earlier ! The fishing was steady but fun with a few dog fish and 10 plaice ranging from 32-38cm .Most plaice were taken on a loop rig with a blacklug/rag mix and a couple were taken on my wishbone dropper .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

Catch Up Report !!

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017