First Bream Session This Year

With reports of a few Bream showing and not much change in the weather for the coming days I decided to take a day off work and fish a mark at the ferrybridge end of chesil . A couple of guys I know had arrived before me and had been catching mackerel not on feathers but there baited rigs , and I soon found out it was hard not to catch the mackerel as there was millions of them hitting the bait as it hit the water , one of the chaps I was with put out a 3 hook flapper with small chunks of mackerel and ended up reeling in a triple shot of mackerel !! So it was just a question of sticking at it and hope the bait would get past the mackerel ! well eventually I manged to find a nice sized Bream which was a welcome sight


The other guys had enough of the mackerel and gave up for the day which was a shame as they were to miss out on some good sport.

As low water approached the mackerel disappeared and it was none stop bream action through out slack water which was only for about an hour but great fun with both rods getting great knocks within a couple of minutes of the bait being in the water . I managed to land 6 nice sized bream in this time but missed just as many! maybe going down to one rod would of helped as I was struggling to keep up with the bites . low water saved the day on this occasion that's for sure !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

Catch Up Report !!

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017