2014 Fishing SUMMARY

This years fishing  '2014' started after a very stormy winter which left the coastline all around the uk looking very different, Smashing up the sea bed which changed well known marks some times for the better some times for the worse, and also unveiling new and lost feature like this below

    So the storms left most anglers wondering how local hot spots would fish if at all .

I don't normally do much fishing in January or Febuary but after being kept away from the beach for months because of the weather I was out regulary as soon as possible, eager to see how the beach would now perform .Late febuary and through march was productive for dabs in fact I probably had my biggest this year

                                            There wa Plenty of rockling through these months

April seen the arrival of some big mackerel shoals early in the mornings when not to many people were on the beach. It was also during April/May after a few visits to the western end of chesil ' Cogdon area' that the storms had done damage and had ripped the beds up probably due to being shallow .So I bassically gave up on that end of the beach for the year .So will it have healed in time for this year or will it take another year I am not sure but I will be giving it a go !
                   One of 5 codling at the end of April a sign of things to come later in the year !

June and July seen the arrival of the summer fish but also a vast amount of spider crabs ! It took me a while to realise I was better off at the portland end to avoid having my snoods cut every cast .And although I lost the odd hook here it was well worth it as the fishing was great with some of the best bream ,gurnard I have ever seen




And then we get to August and September my favorite months on Chesil and it did not disappoint this year. It started with great cod fishing and as for the plaice fishing I had a hunch from the year before as to where they would be and it paid off with great results with some great sized fish hooked




October and November would see the summer fish hang about alot longer then most years with plenty of codling and a few pollock showing

December seen the fishing slow down with just the odd codling about and plenty of small whiting ! But all in all a very good year with some new pb weights

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

Catch Up Report !!

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017