Ferrybridge 18th july

It was a long and productive session starting Saturday 10am -1am Sunday .Although it's a long old walk I decided to fish my plaice mark once again as it hasn't let me down yet and then target the hounds in the evening . I could see a lot of weed on the top but it wasn't a problem for most of the day and the bites were frequent from the off with a small  gurnard ,whiting and some small hounds taking my plaice bait.

 
For the next couple of hours my baits were getting striped within 10 minutes ,it might have been bream but i was trying to avoid them anyway . I had a text from a mate asking how I was doing when my rod dropped back but reeled in to find nothing so I put it straight back out in the same place and sat down to text my mate when the rod dropped back again!  This time I could feel a fish on and a lovely 1lbs 12oz plaice was landed



So i was rather happy with that and another would follow not long after with a nice gurnard



By late afternoon the weed started to catch the line but it wasn't all that often and bites continued through daylight  with more nice sized gurnard and another plaice .I also forgot to mention what was probably a big hound taking my rod and stand sea bound at some point earlier in the day... the down side to fishing with size #2 hooks I guess !!!

Then it was time to get out the peelers for the hounds and with high tide and darkness coinciding I was hopeful of get a couple and I didn't have to wait long with 3 hounds coming in 5 casts and missing a few just after  then it was a little wait before a few more were showing up with the best at 5lbs, so no monsters but 8 hounds 3 plaice and some nice gurnard with plenty of bites made for some great fishing




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

Catch Up Report !!

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017