2013 Targets

Well I had two targets this year and they were for better casting distance and I also wanted to target flat fish rather then just getting lucky! both were a reasonable success .In fact I got very lucky with the casting as I was fishing next to someone who writes catch reports for a magazine and was a member of a casting club and he came over and gave me some great simple advice ..me being a fixed spool user 1) make sure there was plenty of shock leader around the reel 2) use a casting glove and 3) picking that spot out in the sky really helps to keep it straight but I am still looking for consistency! having said that I probably wouldn't have had any decent flatfish this year if it wasn't for my improved distance My fishing bug started with"I am ashamed to say" being a mackerel basher! then moved on to bait fishing for bass and one September landed a cod and that was it completely hooked. But I never really contemplated targeting flatfish until last year after wondering what all the fuss is about on the fishing forums so after catching a couple last year I have been racking my brains over bait/rigs/venues tides and completely confused my self  lol but I didn't do to bad I managed to catch lots of dabs early on in the year then some small plaice and flounder in the middle of summer and my first sole! "Target for next year" but it wasn't until the end of the year when I started to catch some nice plaice most of which were taken on frozen blacks I will dig out as many photos as I can from this year.I will keep you updated as often as possible on my fishing adventures

Tight lines


















I will include more details in my catch reports this is just an over view of the year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

Catch Up Report !!

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017