Abbotsbury/cogdon 28/29th December 2013

My last trip of the year and conditions looked great for my target 'COD' so I arrived at Abbotsbury very hopeful as the water was a lovely chocolate colour and the change in wind condition made it easily fish able  so out with my cod rigs and baited up with cocktails of black lug ,squid, peeler's and blue's sadly the only thing I cant account for is the fish and it was dire one bite all evening which resulted in a codling being knocked off in the surf gerrrrrrrr so I gave up at  3am . The plan was to sleep out in my sleeping bag but realised  it was a tad colder then I thought it would be so decided to sleep in my car and would find another venue for tomorrow That ended up being cogdon and after 4 hours sleep and 45mins defrosting the car and me! I was back on the beach not expecting cod here but always possible.I had heard of several bass coming out so stuck to lug and squid baits and I had this on my first cast of the morning
                                             A nice plump  bass and the sun was also out !!

So a very good start to the day just needed less seaweed about and it would of been perfect. 2 hour past before my next bite and it was a nice knock what could it be.......
                                                               Another nice bass 

                  very unlucky fish as I am returning all bass next year  '2 days short from safety '  

Well I was hoping for a hattrick of bass but it wasn't to be . I did manage a pout but the wind soon got up and started to pile weed on the lines so I packed up very happy with my change of venue :)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

Catch Up Report !!

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017