Over The Fleet 14Th November and Wes Bexington 15Th November

I had the day off work Friday so I went out fishing with a couple of mates from Three Counties saa .They wanted to go over the fleet in there boat so to make the most of it we left at 5am which meant getting up at 3:45 am !! .When we arrived the tide was running hard the wrong way and the wind and rain made it difficult to cross, we managed it in the end but I will not be taking that up as a hobby in the early hours ! Fishing Started well for me with a nice codling on my first cast but the joy didn't last long as my new rod broke leaving me with my older rods which cast much shorter distances and this is probably why I could connect with anymore cod  where as my mates were catching loads of them.I did manage a pollack close in and a dab


We cut the trip short as the weather didn't look to good so we had to row across the fleet against the tide again which did not go well for some time ! After having so many codling of late me and Colin fancied a change so we thought we would target a late plaice at west bexington. We could not find any plaice but I did manage a species that I thought would have moved on by now although small it was probably my biggest red mullet to date
So when the water clears over the next few days It will be interesting to see if any other summer species are still hanging around a bit longer .The red mullet was taken on a loop rig with fresh blacks as bait and this also worked for a nice dab
I also had load of whiting ,pout ,dogfish and a codling on my last cast .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

Catch Up Report !!

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017