Abbotsbury 14th feb

Arrived just after low and Decided to make the long walk to the deeper water past the teeth . Arriving at the teeth i could see the surf went a long way up the bank the evening before so I thought I would follow it along to see if the sea had left anything of interest and keep me occupied on the long walk! As it happend I found the normal tennis balls and this fella flapping around




And as you can see it was alive and kicking and went back fine ,which left me wondering how long can a fish stay alive out of water so had a little google and ....

In a dutch study Herring , cod, whiting, sole, dab, and plaice can take up to 5hours to die and in some cases longer

Now as for the fishing it was not the best of trips !! Although I did get a few different species which were Pout,Poor Cod,Whiting ,dogfish and Rockling. .Dropper rigs were working better for me with the sea conditions. You just know it's that time of year when the rockling arrive



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

Catch Up Report !!

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017