Club Match , Ferrybridge rover 7th February

We had are monthly match this weekend and being a rover we could fish where we liked along Chesil. Some decided to stay at the Portland end and some went to Abbotsbury I decided on a long walk from Abbotbury to the deeper water. Which did mean sacrificing about an hour of fishing time to get back for the weigh in on time but I thought it was worth a shot. We were all in contact with each other via phone calls to see how things were going and it was clear after the first couple of hours it was going to be a long evening with only a pout coming from the Abbotsbury end . As darkness arrived the whiting started to show up but not in any great number and many were under size .Two hours or so before high water I heard someone had a Pollock at the Portland end so I now needed a conger or better still a codling for a chance of  the pool prize so I started to put big peeler baits out as far as I could but nothing took any notice of them until right on high water when I had a nice drop back and after a few minutes I had my 4th best cod of the year on the beach which was bang on 4lbs


The quantity of the codling is no doubt on the decline now but they are much better in size if you do get in to one  .I had another drop back not long after this one but didn't connect. And before I knew it  it was time for the long walk back with one cod and a whiting which gave me a total weight of 4lbs 4oz ! which was enough for 2nd place and the pool win ,which really highlights how hard the fishing is at the moment .Are next match is at Abbotsbury in March and  it wll be interestng to see what the weather conditions bring

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

Catch Up Report !!

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017