Abbotsbury Cottages 20th Feb


I made a late decision to go down after work Friday , so I didn't start fishing until about 9pm this was just after high water . My plan was to fish for 4 hours get some sleep then fish the next day . I had a couple of knocks on my first couple of casts , I thought this might be codling but didn't connect then it went quiet for an hour or so when my rod got a good wack and a 3lber confirmed my earlier thoughts :D this was on my shorter rod and in close . Another half hour goes by another wack same again close in. To cut the story short 4 hours fishing went on for 9hours !! and the shorter rod was getting wacked just about every cast the codling seemed to be having a feeding frenzy hitting the bait harder then normal and one of them even spat out 5 crabs ! I managed to find a snag at some point not to far out and this later cost me 3 good fish and tackle . I only landed a small fraction of the bites but it was a very crazy/entertaining night with a bit of cussing at times. And I didn't see one dogfish, whiting, pout, rockling or poor cod which was nice


 This is now 8 consecutive months I have managed cod off chesil , how close will I get to a full year I wonder ........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

Catch Up Report !!

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017